What is Stucco Repair?
If your home has minor stucco damage, full remediation may not be necessary. Hairline cracks and small stains can often be addressed without needing to fully remove and replace the underlying building materials.
However, what start out as seemingly small stucco problems can often morph into serious and costly issues down the road if they are not addressed properly. The most important thing a homeowner can do when it comes to stucco repairs is to speak to a professional who understands the signs of true stucco failure. A quick, free consultation with the experts at Gormley Construction can ease your mind knowing that you’ve taken a step toward understanding your home’s ability to stand up to moisture.
Common Stucco Problems
Wondering if your home shows signs of needing repair or remediation? We recommend that homeowners call as soon as they see any of the following:
- Breaking or cracking anywhere on the surface
- Appearance of brown streaking where your roof and walls meet
- Brown streaking underneath the corners of your windows, where the windows are jointed
- Discolorations where two dissimilar building materials meet—like the chimney and the stucco
- Leaky doors or windows inside your home
- Warped base trims in your home
- Moldy smells and wet carpets
It’s imperative to consult with a professional to understand whether your cosmetic stucco issues are quick fixes or signs of a more extensive problem. At Gormley Construction, we are fully licensed and insured and we guarantee our work for complete peace of mind. Consultations are always free, so don’t hesitate to reach out!